Tuesday, October 04, 2022 via Zoom 7:00 pm to 8:50 pm (California, Pacific Time)
St. Ignatius lived in tumultuous times when the Church was in need of reform. From the very beginning of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits), being in the service of the Church and the Pope was central, if not, fundamental.
In this workshop will look at St. Ignatius’ relationship with the Church and the Pope, especially through the lens of the lesser-known rules of “thinking with the Church” in the Spiritual Exercises (#352-370).
The workshop will help us to examine our own relationship with the Church and the Pope in our times today.
ZOOM ID Please Sign Up Click
Hosted by Most Holy Trinity, a Jesuit Parish Ignatian Spirituality Center
2040 Nassau Drive, San Jose, CA 95122
SPIRITUAL EXERCISES IN DAILY LIFE
The 19th Annotation
“Go deeper to meet God”
The 19th Annotation:
* The 19th Annotation is also known as, “the Spiritual Exercises in daily life”.
* It is a “home retreat” for busy people who, otherwise could not find the time to do a
classic retreat at a retreat house. It provides an opportunity to deepen one’s
relationship with God in daily life.
* The 19th Annotation is a spiritual program that lasts eight to nine months and is based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. The accompanying text is from the book, Choosing Christ in the World, by Fr. Joseph Tetlow, SJ. And Fr. O'Brien's Adventure.
* Prayer, meditation contemplation and the reading of Holy Scripture is an essential for the retreat.
* This daily life retreat begins in September and continues until May. Each retreatant meets weekly (one-on-one) with a director (either Priest or Margarita Hua) for 45 minutes at “Ignatius House”. Once a month, Fr. Andrew Garcia, SJ, elaborates on specific points of each week of the Spiritual Exercises.
What are the commitments that retreatants must make?
What are the fundamental requirements?
How do I know if a retreat may help me? By answering “yes” to any of the following:
This program is free (no charge), but we do encourage and ask donations to keep this ministry going.
Checks can be made payable to: Most Holy Trinity, Spiritual Exercises Ministry.
If you feel that God is calling you to do the Spiritual Exercises in daily life (the 19th Annotation), please call Margarita 408-729-0101, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . She will assist you regarding the 19th Annotation retreat and provide counsel regarding one’s spiritual journey with Jesus.
For all those who have completed the Spiritual Exercises.
Meets on the 2nd Saturday of every month from 7:30 pm to 9 pm